Sunday, March 05, 2006

Kohaku Mushi Manju

Ok, this is my first attempt at a food review, so bear with me. ;)

I bought these beauties at the Sunrise Mart on Broome Street in Soho (that's New York City! hahahaha):



BEHOLD! The Kohaku Musih Manju!!!


I'm a big fan of Wagashi and have been trying to taste as many different kinds as possible. I've mainly had experience with Daifuku and Dorayaki until found these small Manju buns. These specific manju are small, soft, and just have the right amount of soft give when you gently nibble (or chomp, your choice) into them. The cake-ish exterior is light and fluffy, and the anko (red bean) center is rich and sooooo satisfying. Heaven in a bun, I kid you not!!! They were so good I went back and bought another packet of them, because who knows when I'll be able to find them again!

I was set back $3.99 a pack, but the taste and resulting bliss is MORE than worth it.

So if you happen to run across these guys in your next Asian mart, BUY THEM! You won't be disappointed. :)

No comments: